Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Seoul Zoo

I love Chuseok!

I know this past a while ago, but I've been busy and stuff . . . so yeah, I have time now :D.

Chuseok is the Korean version of Thanksgiving. You get a week off from school, or at least we did at my school. The student usually go home for the week and spend time with their families and do stuff I guess. Well, since my family isn't here, I spent time with my Besties and we went to so many places during Chuseok and the Seoul Zoo was one of those things.

I was really excited to see what was in a zoo in another country. Am I going to see animals that I've never seen before? Is it going to be grand? . .. Uhh - No! This zoo was run down and disgusting. I felt so sorry for the animals here! They we dirty and looked sad. I know some of the animals in the zoos in America are probably sad too, but at least they get to live nicely and clean. This place was dirty! And all the animals were animals that I had seen before - well, except dirtier. Plus there wasn't even a tiger!!! How is there not a tiger in an Asian zoo, but plenty in America?!!!! I was appalled! Lol!!

Anyway, take a look at the many photos that I took. It best to watch it in full screen. If you don't do that than I really don't know how you're going to see the photos properly.

If you're wondering how I'm doing, I'm doing just fine. These people are starting to get on my nerves though. Don't get me wrong, I love Korea, but their culture overall is kind of rude and not caring at all. I'm sure to them this is just a normal thing, but many of the foreigners have been complaining about the people of Korea. I wonder what the Koreans think about how we feel about them??? I don't know. I'm hungry, but I'm too lazy to go make anything, plus it's almost 12, so I'm going to try to make myself go to sleep. It's hot in this room and I need a fan!!!

- Christina*


Picasa SlideshowPicasa Web AlbumsFullscreen

2 comments:

  1. do you think people are rude because they want to be rude or because their culture is like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog! I found it via asialearn.org. I'm looking forward to your adventurous updates! :)

    ReplyDelete